Showing 1 job online
- Location: Lancaster
- Organisation: GP and GP Practice Jobs
- Type: Part-time
- Closing Date: 09/04/2017 12:00 am
GP RETAINER SCHEME
Be part of a new dynamic practice.
Lancaster Medical Practice are seeking to recruit enthusiastic motivated General Practitioners to join our dynamic and friendly teams.
We will consider applications for applicants who are eligible to apply as part of the GP retainer scheme. Benefits include an annual bursary of £1000 per weekly session (max 4 sessions per week).
The scheme is specifically for those GPs who wish to keep in touch with practice and are unable to work more than an average of four sessions per week in general practice. This may be due to family commitments, disability or a scaling down for a GP reaching the end of their career. (Further details on the GP Retainer Scheme can be found at the end of this Advert)
We are offering successful applicants the BMA model contract.
The Practices of Dalton Square, King Street and University, Owen Road Surgery and Rosebank are collaborating to form Lancaster Medical Practice in April 2017.
We are creating a strong, high performing Practice and will build on the existing successes of all four legacy Practices.
Whilst, our formal merger does not take place until 1 April 2017, we are already working closely together to share the best of what we do and improve the quality of the services we deliver.
Lancaster Medical Practice:
- Provide high quality, patient-centred care based on the principles of continuity. This will be achieved through delivery of patient services in small teams of Doctors, Nurses and support staff.
- GPs will work in small micro-teams to encourage patient continuity and team working.
- A GMS practice with list of circa 52,000 patients with diverse and wide-ranging needs.
- Deliver 15 minute appointments
- Offer opportunities for clinicians to develop special interests
- Be a Large Training and Teaching Practice across both medical and nursing fields. We will have a number of highly experienced trainers and mentors and will continue to build on our excellent records for Training
- Offer fantastic opportunities to mentor new GPs.
- Be operating out of an estate with locations, in Owen Road, Scale Hall, City Centre, Lancaster University and Galgate. Our estate will allow us to provide care close to a patient’s home and in convenient locations through-out the City.
- Have a large medical team comprising of Partners and Associate Doctors
- Have a highly skilled and diverse nursing and clinical support team, including Clinical Pharmacists and Advanced Nurse Practitioners
- Have a competent and effective management and administrative team.
- Have clinicians with a wide range of clinical interests
- Have a large research function
- Support a mixed and diverse population in both rural and urban areas.
Information, informal visits or enquiries welcome.
Please contact Amy Williams, Practice Director, King Street and University Practice on 01524 541 651 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications in writing to the above email address.
Please enclose 2 Medical References.
Closing date Sunday 9TH April 2017
We aim to create a high quality General Medical Practice provider through a sustainable, successful business model within a supportive, friendly work environment.
We wish to retain and develop long term clinician / patient relationships based on ‘high continuity’ patient-centred care.
We wish to continue improving the quality and range of our services and to respond effectively to the developing healthcare landscape.
For the patients we care for
- We will offer an efficient, professional, compassionate and friendly welcome
- We will strive to provide a timely and appropriate response to requests and queries
- We will actively resolve any questions or issues you may have
- We will work with you to deliver the best healthcare possible with the resources available
For our staff
- We will build on the excellence that already exists in our teams
- We will encourage and sustain a positive team ethos
- We will create a learning environment which develops individuals by encouraging training and development
- We will provide a safe working environment
- We will be open minded, approachable and ensure regular effective communication
- We are proud of what we do
- We will take responsibility and act with honesty and integrity
- We will actively communicate and appropriately share information with others
- We will create a positive, supportive team spirit
- We will support necessary change and strive to improve
- We will engage with, develop and support local National Health Service organisations
Information on the GP Retainer Scheme
The retained doctor scheme is a package of support which includes financial incentives and development support to help GPs, who might otherwise leave the profession, to remain in clinical general practice. It has been in place for many years but has now been upgraded to give higher financial incentives both to the retained doctor and to the practice employing them.
The scheme has been little used over the years and many thought that it had been discontinued. The current workforce crisis in general practice makes it essential that the scheme is well known, promoted and used to maximum effect to allow doctors who would otherwise be lost to general practice to continue working with a reduced clinical commitment.
The scheme is open to:
- all GPs who are currently designated as a retained GP
- any GP, irrespective of length of service, who is currently not in practice but is practised within the last two years and is on the performers list
- any GP, irrespective of length of service, who can provide compelling evidence that they are intending to leave practice and would do so without this scheme
The scheme is specifically for those GPs who wish to keep in touch with practice and are unable to work more than an average of four sessions per week in general practice. This may be due to up family commitments, disability or a scaling down for a GP reaching the end of their career.
The new allowances mean that a retained doctor is entitled to an annual bursary payment of £1000 per weekly session – a maximum of £4000 per year.
The practice employing the retained doctor can claim £76.92 per paid session and this includes sick leave annual leave and educational leave – a maximum of £16,000 per year.
Management of the Scheme
The scheme is managed by the Mersey office of Health Education England – North West. Contact with this office is via email@example.com or telephone 0151 479 2700. Any individual GP or practice with any queries about the retained doctor scheme should contact this office. They can also contact the LMC to discuss their particular circumstances and eligibility for the scheme.
Retained GPs are normally employed by teaching practices. Recognised training practices do not need to apply separately to gain retained GP employment status. The route therefore for any aspiring retained GP is to look out for a suitable vacancy in a training practice and apply, stating that they wish to be a retained GP. Alternatively training practices can advertise specifically for a retained doctor. Once a satisfactory agreement has been reached between the GP and the practice they can then jointly apply to Health Education England for recognition of their arrangement and release of the financial inducements.
The scheme in this revised format is due to be reviewed in June 2019 with a view to keeping it relevant to the workforce challenges at that time.