Showing 1 job online
- Location: Fylde and Wyre – 3 separate teams – Garstang, Kirkham and Over Wyre
- Organisation: Care Home Jobs
- Salary: £7.65 to £8.49 per hour
- Type: Permanent
OVERVIEW / OBJECTIVES
- To improve the client’s living environment and promote independence whilst respecting the client’s right of choice.
- To ensure that a client’s dignity and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- In accordance with PHC policies, a carer helps to ensure the client’s safety, comfort and welfare, and that the client’s needs are met.
Social Care Worker’s DUTIES & responsibilities
- To carry out detailed specifications for each client as per the Care Plan and as per Priory Homecare policies and procedures. Duties can include but are not restricted to:
- (a) Personal care (all parts of body, hair, nails, shaving, toileting etc.).
- (b) Maintaining a clean living environment (including cleaning of commodes, bathrooms, carpets etc.).
- (c) Preparation and cooking of nutritious food and drink.
- (d) Shopping including handling and accounting for client’s money.
- (e) Provision of social interaction and support.
- To have a positive and understanding approach and to work confidently, which should result in the client trusting his/her social care worker.
- To be able to deduce problems and any changes within the client’s environment and record the problem and report in accordance with Priory Homecare policies.
- To maintain personal contact with clients through appropriate conversation and body language which should effectively promote our service.
- To ensure that your own knowledge and practices meet standards set by the company. All Distance Learning papers must be completed and returned on time and Mandatory Training Sessions must be attended.
- To ensure that the Professional Code of Conduct is adhered to at all times.
- To be accountable for accurate reporting and record-keeping.
We are offering career opportunities to people who wish to provide a caring and quality service to clients.
Applicants will need to be prepared to receive training, to
support clients with all aspects of their wellbeing. These professional skills include medication administration, safely moving and handling people, providing personal care, managing continence, and promoting independence.
Priory Homecare is an Investors for People Company, we have a GOOD CQC rating.
We value our people
Supporting our carers – out of hours support, regular supervisions, and training to develop our team to produce quality carers who go that extra mile for our clients, “delivering their dreams” and making them feel worthwhile and important.
Ring 01995 679662 for details
Or Visit us on Facebook – Our new website www.prioryhomecare.co.uk